It's been a bit of a frustrating few months, as my autoimmune issues seem to really like to flare up during fall. Therefore, I have been resorting back to steering clear of gluten and limiting my dairy and coffee intake.
Enter this glorious Matcha Coconut Chia Pudding Whip.
Matcha has been amazing in the mornings for me to give me a little boost of caffeine with no side effects of jitters and it also doesn't dehydrate me as much. I've been a fan of incorporating matcha into food items, rather than just drink it straight (although it's delicious that way too!).
This pudding whip is vegan, gluten-free, and will have you bouncing off the walls with energy. The superfood combination of chia seeds and matcha is perfect to get you energized, while the fats from the coconut milk keeps your tummy satiated and happy through lunch.
It's also a pretty simple recipe with minimal ingredients, and can totally be prepared the night before. Any grab and go breakfast recipe is a favorite of mine! This also doubles easily as a dessert recipe that's sure to make any vegan or food-sensitive person quite happy.
This is also the first time I've made coconut whipped cream, a concept I got from my friend Joscelyn of wifemamafoodie. It was just as luxurious and creamy as she said, and I'm so glad to have discovered it.
On to it!
Matcha Coconut Chia Pudding Whip
Gluten-free, Vegan, Nut-free, Dairy-free
1 can of unsweetened coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 tsp of matcha (I used this)
3 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup of yogurt (whichever kind you wish, pending on your dietary preferences)
1. Open the can of coconut milk. Using a spoon, scoop out the coconut cream that has separated to the top of the can from the milk below. Place coconut cream in a small mixing bowl.
2. Place chia seeds in a small bowl. Pour remaining coconut milk from the can into bowl, and stir until well-mixed. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 20-30 minutes, or until chia mixture is congealed into a pudding like consistency and has soaked up the liquid.
3. Using a hand mixer or whisk, whip coconut cream until slightly fluffy. Sprinkle in matcha, and continue to mix until thoroughly blended and a uniform whipped consistency.
4. Remove chia seed pudding from fridge.
5. Now, you can layer and present this in any way you wish- I used two wine glasses, and layered in this order: one layer of matcha whip, one layer of yogurt, one big layer of chia pudding, one layer of yogurt, and one layer of matcha whip. If serving the next morning, cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight container.