What a week it's been!
First week at the new work digs in the books, and I feel like a traveling nomad on some days because I'm bouncing around so much. Not going to lie, I've had quite a few emotional highs and stressful moments in the past few days, as expected with any big change. Figuring out a rhythm for something new is never easy, and I'm trying to be patient with myself in that.
In the meantime, today's Friday finds are pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Lots of my friends are responsible for my heart-warming finds this week.
Here are the eight things that I was inspired by, learned from, and laughed and smiled at this week. Would love to hear any fun things you've read, as well!
1. Understanding that you have no control over certain things in life is one thing; accepting it is a whole other step. I still struggle with it from time to time, being a control-freak by nature, but learning how to let some of these things go and just be has done a lot for my perspective. I need to really follow advice on #7 on this list.... Greatist made this awesome list of The Only 7 Things You Can Control in Life.
2. My friend and coworker, Ann Nicholas, posted this awesome article on her Facebook page that I then stole because it's awesome. Kudos to Buzzfeed for posting this wonderfully real article that has a great sense of humor while being factual, and cleverly using a classic catchy fitness article title with a twist. Make sure to read it all the way to the bottom with #9: 9 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds in Less Than a Week-- Or Faster
3. This was such a cool thing to find on my personal Facebook page: a sorority sister of mine from college wrote this wonderful piece on XOJane on "Why Moving Cross-Country For Love is Probably a Bad Decision, But I Did It Anyway." I think the way Crissy describes her thought process of weighing out her decision is quite relatable for many of us modern women working to find a balance of personal life and career aspirations.
4. As a trainer, I frequently get asked if people should work out when they're sick. Precision Nutrition did yet another awesome infographic on this:
5. So, this link might seem random, but I'm a big proponent on creating the ideal sleep space- it's one of my favorite tips for sleep. But I never really thought about my pillows until now- looks like another Ikea trip is in order: When to Buy A New Pillow.
Laughed and Smiled
6. Okay, so this isn't laughed and smiled so much as BAWLED like a giant baby. All my Harry Potter fans need to watch this Snape compilation, like yesterday:
7. Actually can't handle how cute this little girl and this little piglet is. Your day has just been made, you're welcome.
8. Two things about puppies get me: those oversized paws they haven't yet grown into, and floppy ears. Here are 21 Floppy-Eared Puppies to make your Friday that much better: