It's so crazy to me that it's been a touch over five months now since Living Minnaly launched, and that we're already on the 10th edition of Favorite Friday Finds. I love these roundups, and hope you guys are enjoying them.
I'm the type of person that loves saving little mementos to capture moments in time to look back on one day, and I have a feeling it'll be a lot of fun to look at what type of stuff I was reading and finding on the internet, a year from now and seeing how much life has changed since then.
Here are the six things that I was inspired by, learned from, and laughed and smiled at this week. Would love to hear any fun things you've read, as well!
1. Greatist did this fantastic look into How Much the "Perfect" Female Body Has Changed in 100 Years. I love the simple question at the end in regards to the current body "ideal" of booty bonanza: "Is it empowering? Or is it exhausting?" As you all know, I'm a huge fan of the butt movement not only for aesthetic purposes, but for your actual physical health and the strength of your hips for functional movement.
But (no pun intended), I'm a big believer of not conforming to a particular "body ideal," as it's simply not possible. We are all made of different shapes and sizes, and we should love and embrace our bodies all the same.
2. Going to Montréal just reinforced my love and need to travel and explore the world. I'm already listing places I want to see in the next few years, and Travel + Leisure always gives me the best ideas. Here's this slideshow of the world's strangest natural wonders- I've always wanted to go to the Travertine Pools at Pamukkale, Turkey!
3. Bret Contreras, one of my favorite fitness writers, recently shared his Top 3 Compound Core Training Exercises for Abs. These are excellent exercise choices to train your core stability while utilizing your whole body- the cable wood chop (video above) is one I frequently use with many of my clients. If you haven't gotten the newsflash yet, stop crunching!!
Laughed and Smiled
4. Superbowl commercials are the best, and I've been known to cry at some of Budweiser's past ones because they're just so darn heart-melting. This year is no exception with this "Lost Dog" spot. I think I scared some people on the subway with my facial expressions while watching this...
5. So, one of my not-so-guilty pleasures (I'm sorry, but this show is one of the most amusing and best human experiments EVER) is watching The Bachelor. There was a moment on last week's episode that had me in stitches at the sheer awkwardness of it, and Jimmy Kimmel just takes it up to the next level with his deconstruction of it.
6. I. Need. These. Hungry Hippos was one of my favorites as a child, and all I want now in my soup is one of these guys.