Favorite Friday Finds 1.0
It's Friday! I still think of that Rebecca Black song whenever I say this now. Sad story, I know.
I love the interwebs. You learn and see the strangest, funniest, and most interesting stuff with the swipe of a thumb. I wanted to share some of my favorite finds of this week that made me inspired, learn, laugh, and smile.
1. Amy Poehler nails it on the head, yet again. I have a story coming for you guys next week talking right along the lines of when Amy says "I'm supposed to be ALL things" in this video where she just shuts this poor dude down.
2. This mother penned a beautifully written piece for MindBodyGreen called "What I Want My Daughter to Know on Her 30th Birthday." Warms my heart and echoes sentiments my mother always tells me.
3. Misty Copeland's story she shared with SELF about her struggles with body and confidence is so wonderful and honest. She is quite the role-model and setting a new precedent when it comes to "ideals."
4. I'm always nerding out on learning more about exercise science and programming- which is probably a good thing, given my job. So I religiously read the writings of a few pros in the field, one of whom is Tony Gentilcore. I'm going to a seminar in Boston later this month to see him along with his business partner and co-founder of Cressey Performance, Eric Cressey, speak. Because they're brilliant and I can't learn enough from these guys.
So anyway, Tony put up an awesomely witty and smart post this week on "How to Get Stronger." He talks in human speak, so you non-fitness nerds can get it, and I think this is an article that pretty much any human who wants to feel good and look good (oh wait, isn't that everyone?) should read. Go at it, children.
5. Another awesome coach in the field that I love is Bret Contreas. Bret is known as "The Glute Guy," for his talent at shaping a startling amount of ladies and gentlemens derrieres better than any plastic surgeon could. My dream is to one day be the "Glute Girl." That would be a pretty awesome title to earn. So, it only seems fitting that I share one of his recent posts of his response to a reader's question on "What Are the Best Glute Exercises?" Ladies (and gentlemen), I don't think I've heard of anyone asking for a less shapely or less perky butt, so I also think this article applies to everyone!
Laughed and Smiled
6. At these almond hugging cookie bears. It's like my cookie spirit animal.
7. I was and still am obsessed with Friends. Not ashamed to say I own all 10 seasons on DVD, can recite every episode by heart, and have aced all the Buzzfeed quizzes on how much of a Friends fan you are. So imagine my heart sing at seeing that Warner Bros is putting up a full functioning replica of Central Perk in the city come mid-September for two days. This is going to be worse than the Cronut line.
8. Nearly everyone in New York knows about the Big Gay Ice Cream truck and stores and their witty spins on classic ice cream creations (and if you live in New York and don't know what I'm talking about, you should know exactly where you are going after work today). The Salty Pimp and the Bea Arthur are just a few of their signatures. Anyway, founders Bryan Petroff and Doug Quint did this hilarious interview with The New Potato that had me laughing in fits and their passion for their ice cream and food in general shines through, gloriously.
9. This llama, tho. And whoever decided on this music deserves an award. Also, I sent this via email to a group of my friends, and it says a lot about them that several of them had already seen it. I've got a group of best llamas.
Follow me on Twitter for more up-to-date tidbits and just plain ridiculous-ness I love to share on a daily basis.